Rapid response is critical in determining the cause of chest pain. Treatment begins the minute paramedics arrive at the scene or the patient enters the emergency department.
Patients have access to advanced diagnostic tests and equipment, including:
- 64-slice CT scanner captures 64 pictures of your heart each second. These images allow physicians to view the cardiovascular system that before could only be seen through invasive tests.
- Heart catheterization determines the extent of blockages in your coronary arteries. If a blockage is found, our cardiologists can perform several non-surgical procedures immediately.
- Echocardiogram uses high frequency sound waves to evaluate the mechanical function of your heart and detect abnormalities caused by disease, infection or trauma.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) records electrical activity of your heart to identify damage and evaluate the effects of medications.
- Stress tests evaluate the heart’s response to physical stress or exercise and allow cardiologists to determine the presence or severity of heart disease, in addition to the cause of chest or other cardiac pain.